This blog is about aspiration. Aspiring to be a better person and aspiring to be the greatest person you can be. Is it true, we can be great all on our own? It's hard to say because every person has had a blue print to look at, a model that is the kind of person they want to be. Sometimes that blue print was the kind of person that they DIDN'T want to be, as well. When I was growing up, I didn't have any real everyday heroes that could sit down and talk with me about the kind of person I should be. Of course I had my parents who raised me right and instilled morals into me. Sometimes that's a good enough reason for a child to see their parents as their heroes. Of course I was just a child so I didn't see much good in this. It wasn't until I was older that I appreciated that. However, as a child the only heroes I ever had were musicians. I thought, how awesome are these guys? I want to be just like them. My parents were just blue collar working stiffs but look at these guys! They're rocking out, staying up all night - that's what I want to be when I grow up.
To me, a hero is like a blue print. You want to make yourself into that person. Some people exercise to get that 'perfect' body that is part of their mental blueprint of the person they need to be. Some people change their attitudes and even their morals to fit into that mold. Sometimes it's a very positive thing, but it can also be a destructive thing if the hero is a degenerate. I never felt the need to look just like anyone, but I have molds for other reasons. For instance, I want to think free and beautiful like some of the best free thinkers of the grassroots subcultures like John Lennon, Timothy Leary and even Gandhi. I want to be a great performer and DJ as great as Lorin Ashton and Caspa. I want to always stand up for what I believe in like every protester that was beaten at Berkeley in the 1960s. Those are just a few but you can see where i'm going with this.
My point is this: You should always aspire to be a better you. No one is perfect, and you shouldn't strive to be perfect. However, you should always aspire to be a just a little greater than you were yesterday. In mind, in body and in spirit. Learn from your mistakes of yesterday and strive to make them a blessing today. No mistake that has been learned from is still a mistake - it becomes a lesson. Learn your lessons well, and use them to your advantage. Be vulnerable enough to see the faults within yourself and strive to make them better. Be happy and confident with who you are, no matter what. However, always strive to be a little better. Not better than everyone else, just a little better than you were yesterday. Follow your dreams and become the person you've always wanted to be.
Quotes for today
“Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.” - Epicurus
"When we are motivated by goals that have deep meaning, by dreams that need completion, by pure love that needs expressing -- then we truly live life."
"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream."
Monday, November 9, 2009
Life is Beautiful, With The Right Set Of Eyes
Posted by The Peace Blaster at 11:15 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment